Latest topics
» AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files
by Mr. Digby Today at 3:56 pm

» New, with a question
by JenBurdoo Today at 5:31 am

» The Arny Design Module is ready for Beta Testing!
by Dr Ezra Sidran Yesterday at 4:39 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Morsey Yesterday at 3:40 pm

» ACW fight next Sunday
by Jess Yesterday at 12:56 am

» 2017 k/spiel game schedule
by Martin Tue May 23, 2017 9:43 pm

» Boardgaming in Hertfordshire?
by Congreve Sun May 21, 2017 1:18 pm

» Fiddling around with an 18th century mod
by Uncle Billy Thu May 18, 2017 12:33 am

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Mr. Digby Wed May 17, 2017 6:02 pm

» Re: 7th May face-to-face game at Little Gaddesden - Bloody Vikings!
by King_Rufus Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 pm

» 21st May face-to-face game at Little Gaddesden - traditional Reisswitz k/spiel
by Morsey Fri May 12, 2017 5:31 pm

» SoW DLC Maps
by Mr. Digby Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Statistics
We have 924 registered users
The newest registered user is Herr_Lindstrom

Our users have posted a total of 23182 messages in 1877 subjects

I forgot my password

Two Part Scenario

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Two Part Scenario

Post  Mark87 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:57 am

extremely interesting scenario; my first HITS experience! I thoroughly enjoyed my first attempt at a brigade command and I believe I gave more than I received!!! Great fun!
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:20 am

I second the sentiments above and would add that the battle with its vast distances presented an overwhelming challenge to the CinC's (well, at least for me). So much reliance is placed on the division commanders that the experience became something quite different from what I'm used to in SoW. It is no place for a control freak! Smile

I also felt the Austrians had something of an advantage at the end of part 1. Two things worked in favor of the French, however: 1) our largest formations including daunting cavalry brigades were in good position to meet what I thought would be the major Austrian push; and 2) Our most experienced commanders were also on that flank. It was a big challenge to juggle management of the 4th Division's guns, cavalry and one infantry brigade. It was probably dumb luck that these ended up in good position to help Mark and Wittman with the Austrian push on our left. Both Mark and Wittman did fine in carrying out their assignments. Wittman remained on the left flank the entire time, while Mark had fun repelling the initial Austrian push on the left, then, marchings down the line mirroring the Austrian shift to attack Grog's 2nd Division. Somehow it all came together in a grand finale in the open fields there. I had only the barest impression of Steve's situation on the right, but was confident he was the guy to meet the challenges down there.

Thanks again for the scenario, Kevin. The scale was massive, and presented a serious test. I was curious to hear that Martin remained with his division through most of the battle. I was riding all over everywhere just trying to respond to developments so we wouldn't get completely overwhelmed somewhere. I spent perhaps 25% of the battle actually with my direct charges, which could have spelled disaster for the Fightin' Fourth had the enemy pushed hard in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Next time I'd like to take a brigade, or perhaps a division. Everyone should get a shot at enjoying the CinC experience! Shocked
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark87 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:51 am

Our CiC gave clear, concise, and timely orders.... at least to my brigade which made fighting easy and fun. I couldn't imagine putting up with all the recalcitrant French commanders ...... like me! Laughing
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Glad you enjoyed it.

CiC + Commanding troops can be very stressful, and incremental with distance. cyclops
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top