» Crop sprites
by Didz Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 pm

» AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files
by Miko77 Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am

» KS Map Modding Project
by rschilla Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 am

» Chickamauga conversion to Germany
by Mr. Digby Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 am

» How to import scanned maps into the General Staff wargaming system.
by Dr Ezra Sidran Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Statistics
We have 970 registered users
The newest registered user is Eagle Tsui

Our users have posted a total of 23832 messages in 1909 subjects
Keywords

maps  camera  stock  scenario  battles  

I forgot my password

The Bear is on the prowl! - NORTHAG AO in '85 AAR

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Bear is on the prowl! - NORTHAG AO in '85 AAR

Post  SolInvictus202 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 pm

WP SITREP 1500 June 10

1) Our armoured spearhead, the 7th Guards Tank Division is about 1 hour away from linking up with the secured crossing across the Weser. We will be able to put about 2 Regiments of tanks across in this time frame. Our recon helicopters have spotted no additional units in the area. the 76ths GdsAirborne is doing fine work, capturing the crossing at Hameln and while doing so, eradicating the HQ of the 4th UK Armoured Division. Furthermore we managed to destroy significant enemy bridging equipment. Once across the Weser we cannot be stopped before we reach the Rhine!

2) The heavy fighting continues around Braunschweig, but we are slowly gaining the upper hand. Only the 10th GTD is still facing a somewhat superior force - looks like 2 full armoured Bdes - all the other divisions are only facing about a brigade each. slowly but steadily we are grinding our way forward, destroying NATO equippment at a steady rate, while receiving moderate casualties in return. Wolfsburg has been taken and the remains of the enemy Bde are NW of town, trapped.

3) The 207th MRD has broken through enemy defenses and has yet to encounter a new enemy in its path - there is a Dutch Brigade up north of the main position - but I believe we have not yet been spotted - even if they react - if they move south - the 35th MRD will be able to advance instead.

4) We are spread out a bit thin up here, with only the 21st MRD in the main area to finally push past Hamburg to the west of the city and zeal it off for good.However with the 1st enemy Bde taken care of south of the City itself, we can now free those troops and send them back west. The Brigade that briefly retook Lüneburg however is now completely encircled by the entire 94th GMRD - it will surrender or perish!

5) The amphibious landing was successful although we sustained heavy casualties due to the remains of the German Navy. Only about 70 percent of our troops got ashore - all disrupted and pretty beat up. Nevertheless our brave troops pushed west and will link up with the Polish Para Bde within the next couple of hours. However, German Leopard 1s have appeard near our gun positions - since all our troops are busy destroying LANDJUT HQ and securing the bridges across the channel, it would appear that we have to leave those guns to their fate... bloody useless anyway.

5)
SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:12 pm

The Supreme Soviet is pleased.  However, Comrade General, we expect to see a redoubling of your efforts in the Braunschweig district.  Third Shock Army requires room to maneuver.  It must be taken off its lease.

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:13 pm

on a side note: it may happen that this war is over sooner than expected... NATO is already talking about playing the "entire" map - ie stopping this one and having a go at the scenario involving all of Germany - all the way down to the mighty Austria (defended by 2 weak brigades and few fixed AT-turrets)

WP high command has replied that we should keep at this one for some time however - to get more of a feeling for it... and with the large scenario it will most likely be a change in the sides too. So the current WP will probably defend the West with NATO after that....

SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:59 pm

by the way: if anyone is interested in the game or wants to give it a go... always ready to support, help and act as a training partner..

these large scenarios can always be played by more than 2 players...
SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  midgetmanifesto on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:12 am

Hi Roland. I'd like to chime in I'm quite enjoying the write ups as well.
midgetmanifesto

Back to top Go down

Post  Taff1943 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:57 am

If this is the old Fulda Gap & North German Plain by hps? I'll give it a go. Played it PBEM before & always lost as NATO.So why change a loosing streak?

Taff1943

Back to top Go down

Bear on the prowl AAR

Post  PhillWP on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:07 am

Looking like the Soviets and their allies will soon be getting their feet wet.

Remember to bottle up the water, sign and seal and send it to the Kremlin!

Balders
PhillWP

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:35 pm

the lastest turn (1600) has just been sent back to the capitalists - we are expecting a surrender any minute now: we are across the Weser in force AND we have an advance force currently digging in outside of Bremen. LANDJUT HQ has just broken and the remnants of the kitchen staff are running around like chickens.

more detailed reports will follow tomorrow!
SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:58 pm

short update: I am currently setting up the large scenario covering all of Germany - with me as NATO - so in all likelyhood the attack on the capitalist west will come to a halt - much sooner than anticipated.

I suppose we'll call this a draw, since the issue has been left unresolved...

Kind of disappointing on one side - but the large scenario will be an overall improvement - it will be played with a newer version of the mod, which fixes a lot of issues and it will also see me take over the more challeging side - NATO...

I do hope to keep you all entertained nonetheless - all you have to do is switch sides and pick on the poor communists for a change Very Happy

furthermore I intend to impose some rules on myself - I also have a way in mind to keep this "objective" - reflecting the somewhat difficult political situation NATO is in.
SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 am

A glorious day Comrade General.  The Politburo has taken note and is pleased.  You'll receive a Hero of the Soviet Union for this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:32 pm

Well now that I can add to this. NATO gave him option to save his commie scaled ridden skin! NATO had a huge force coming from the south and was about to engage the WP left flank with a vicious counter attack. We had reinforcements all over the place moving to the line. I was quite busy with learning and dieing to make any reports. This time I am WP along with Taff I think and we will try to be more informative. Do not be looking for something like our Austrian Professor has provided you with though. Suspect

Tons of fun here if you have the time you should join us.

Back to top Go down

Post  SWeathers on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 pm

I would like to get in on this, would it require owning the game or telling the host my decisions?

-Sam
SWeathers

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:49 pm

Glad you are interested:

We are about to kick off the huge scenario - it currently looks like we'll have 3 players - 2 playing WP and one playing NATO (me)

to answer your question: you have two options:

1) if you want to actively take part in playing the scenario you will need to own the game - the mod to play this scenario is then easily installed - but of course, if you have never played it it will require training...

2) if you don't want to play the game actively we would definitely require you for service on the front line as well: personally I have been thinking of having some form of "political" advisor for the NATO side - to make things more realistic concerning the difficult position SACEUR was in, when dealing with all these different nations under his command. For example Germany would not have been happy to give up Hamburg without a fight - even if the military situation would have called for it. Now if I look at the situation I will simply give up the city and withdraw - with another person giving political orders every now and then we could avoid that and "make me" stay in certain positions or hold certain areas against my military decisions, which could cause additional problems NATO would have to deal with... would that interest you?

if you any other ideas on how to take part in this game without playing it - I am always open to suggestions Very Happy

up to you really Smile

Last edited by SolInvictus202 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:31 pm

The other option we have of course is that we assign certain commands to players who pass on their orders to me and I will input them in-game...

The reason why I was reluctant to offer this in the first place was that I tried this on a very large scale at one point - giving Divisions to players - we ended up with over 20 people - I took the time to send detailed pre and post turn maps to each and every one of them - only to find out about 3 turns into the fight that it was too much "work" for them - or so they said - and that most of them left...

This was my first and last attempt to host an RPG-Scenario - I suppose you can imagine the effort it took me to create pre AND post turn maps for each individual division... and it all ended up being a waste of time... Evil or Very Mad
SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:43 pm

I believe this thread should be closed by something... well... everyone should decide for himself, I suppose Very Happy

SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:23 am

The new story goes on here:

http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/t1496-this-was-their-finest-hour-nato-aar
SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down