» Crop sprites
by Didz Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 pm

» AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files
by Miko77 Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am

» KS Map Modding Project
by rschilla Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 am

» Chickamauga conversion to Germany
by Mr. Digby Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 am

» How to import scanned maps into the General Staff wargaming system.
by Dr Ezra Sidran Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:43 pm

» Ask for help, my KSMOS has encountered a lot of problems.
by Uncle Billy Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Statistics
We have 970 registered users
The newest registered user is Eagle Tsui

Our users have posted a total of 23827 messages in 1908 subjects
Keywords

scenario  battles  camera  stock  maps  

I forgot my password

07. Battle of Dessau - 11th May 1813

View previous topic View next topic Go down

07. Battle of Dessau - 11th May 1813

Post  Mr. Digby on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:06 pm

French forces have marched from Magdeburg and occupied this critical town on the east bank of the Elbe, cutting Prussian supply routes to Berlin. Approximately a French corps is present made up of various units of different parentage.

At least one Prussian corps, perhaps more, are attacking up the road from Bitterfeld.

This will be a 2 and a half hour scenario with victory based on who controls the town of Dessau at the end of the battle.

There is a Doodle Poll here.

Last edited by Mr. Digby on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total

"Any hussar who has not got himself killed by the age of 30 is a jackass." - Antoine Charles Louis Lasalle, commander of Napoleon's light cavalry, killed in battle at Wagram 6 July 1809, aged 34.

"I had forgotten there was an objective." - Generallieutenant Mikhail Borozdin I
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Re: 07. Battle of Dessau - 11th May 1813

Post  Mr. Digby on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:47 am

Today I will finally have the time to post up more details in both sides private forums. I would like to get both this game and Second Ascherlseben played this week. Neither is very big and we could probably play both with only 2 players a side, though 3 would be better. I therefore intend to play both games on this basis so we can move on to the 12th - 15th May turn as asap.

"Any hussar who has not got himself killed by the age of 30 is a jackass." - Antoine Charles Louis Lasalle, commander of Napoleon's light cavalry, killed in battle at Wagram 6 July 1809, aged 34.

"I had forgotten there was an objective." - Generallieutenant Mikhail Borozdin I
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:32 am

I am taking a couple of days off over the weekend so I have edited the Doodle Poll to keep only Friday and Monday. If we get Ascherlseben fought on Wednesday 13th we could play Dessau on Thursday 14th. Dessau ideally needs 3 players per side.

Watch this space and please fill-in the Doodle Polls for both battles.

Thanks all.

Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Will try to fight Dessau again today. Please turn up at 20:00 BST. This promises to be an EXTREMELY critical battle with much hanging on the outcome that will send political waves far beyond the sounds of the cannon.

Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:52 pm

Prince Eugene and the French VII and V Corps have suffered a crushing defeat at Dessau. VII Corps under Marechal Victor bravely held a hill south of the town covering it as long as possible but was overrun in about an hour and fifteen minutes by a well-co-ordinated Prussian attack of all arms that shredded French squares then rode them down as they wavered. The Cossacks chased off the survivors taking many prisoners.

General Lauriston moved his 18th Division out of the town where it had been holding the place to take up a position on a wooded hill to the SW of the vital crossroads, here he was met and held his ground against an attack by General Harppe's Russians and von Boyen's Reservist brigade. The wooded heights allowed Lauriston to maintain the integrity of Lagrange's division and upon the arrival of Rochanbeau's 19th Division the corps formed a solid but slowly bending line against the Russian cavalry of Harppe.

Victor's VII Corps at Dessau was annihilated however, the stragglers running for the hills and woods in all directions, Cossacks in pursuit.

Prince Eugene fled westwards towards Magdeburg, V Corps retreating in that direction also. The French troops halted in the city during the night of the 11th/12th May.

Von Bulow and his corps were completely victorious and have secured the town. Within 24 hours Cossack patrols found Prussian supply wagons near Wiesenburg and led them south. The German soldiers enjoyed a feast of salted meat, black bread and schnapps to celebrate their victory.

Prussian losses were 50 killed and 340 wounded, the French lost 400 killed, 2,800 wounded and 70 missing.

Replay File

Start:

Position One:

Position Two:

The End:

The Prussian line of communications and supply is re-opened!

Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top