» 2017 k/spiel game schedule
by Martin Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:38 pm

» New Gettysburg Map - Shiloh
by Uncle Billy Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:22 am

» Infantry Wheeling
by Uncle Billy Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:38 pm

» Unit Stats
by Uncle Billy Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 pm

» Waterloo issues. Does anyone else experience these?
by Martin Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:27 pm

» Another mini-campaign idea
by Mr. Digby Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:21 pm

» KS Napoleon Mod II 1.24 & KS Supplemental Maps 1.16
by Uncle Billy Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:33 pm

» Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
by Mr. Digby Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:49 pm

» Kriegsspiel revised rules 1828
by PeterPerla Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Statistics
We have 937 registered users
The newest registered user is Merican

Our users have posted a total of 23385 messages in 1883 subjects

I forgot my password

Daytime Games - ACW or Nap

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daytime Games - ACW or Nap

Post  Martin on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Yes, I should definitely be there. What mods do I need?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

8 or 6

Post  WSH Baylor on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Well, doesn't Martin J and Jack, added to the present mix, equal 8!

Ah, hell, forget it. Just withdraw my name from play.

Best regards,

Jack
WSH Baylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Interlocutor on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 am

Jack, I'd be happy to command a single brigade in a division, under your command, so that we could accommodate more players. So please, do show up.

Jim ;-)
Interlocutor

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 am

Yes, me too. No need to turn folks away.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:50 am

The scenario is written for today:

Following the fierce action of Ekenrodes Farm the Union IX Corps of Major-General Reno fell back several miles to the north. His command was shattered and was consolidated into a single division led by Maj-Gen Sturgis. Most formations were despatched to the rear to rest and recover losses. Maj-Gen Hooker arrived 48 hours later with elements of his I Corps and Sturgis' division was attached to it. The Union troops then took up a defensive position covering Culps Hill and Wolf Hill.

At Ekenrodes, Longstreet held his ground but his command too had been broken by the fierce fight that day. His corps was reorganised with the divisions of Semmes and Jones taking in the surviving units of Hoods command which was sent south to be rebuilt. Semmes was promoted to command of McLaws division. Portions of Jackson's Corps were added to Longstreet's Corps until the Confederate force was once again able to function. Fresh brigades were attached to Jones and Semmes while General Hill's division replaced Hood's. Lee ordered Longstreet to push north, although to be cautious as the ground in that direction was suited to a defence.

The Rebels have their eye on the vital road junction of Gettysburg, only a few miles distant but to attain this goal they must secure the high ground east of the town and push the Union defenders from it.

Once again there will be three objectives on the map and victory will go to the side that controls any two of them at the end of the day.

This will be a 2.5 hour scenario again. This time the Union is on the defensive, the Rebels attacking. The map below gives only the approximate areas of the two forces as determined by scouts, piquet lines and interrogated prisoners. The marked areas do not indicate where forces are deployed at the start of the action.

"Any hussar who has not got himself killed by the age of 30 is a jackass." - Antoine Charles Louis Lasalle, commander of Napoleon's light cavalry, killed in battle at Wagram 6 July 1809, aged 34.

"I had forgotten there was an objective." - Generallieutenant Mikhail Borozdin I
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Martin, the only mod needed is the latest Couriers and Maps.

In addition I use Jollys/GCM terrain mod to make the trees look nicer and a smoke mod but these are obviously optional.

"Any hussar who has not got himself killed by the age of 30 is a jackass." - Antoine Charles Louis Lasalle, commander of Napoleon's light cavalry, killed in battle at Wagram 6 July 1809, aged 34.

"I had forgotten there was an objective." - Generallieutenant Mikhail Borozdin I
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Much obliged Diggers.

See you at 4 Very Happy

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Just checking.  Do I take it we're still playing with the settings in the ACW sticky http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/t370-set-up-for-sow-acw-games-for-kriegspiel-style

Specifically vegetation 75% and camera 2 yds?

Looking forward to this, and thanks for running it  Cool

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:53 pm

I would prefer that we have a bit more camera. It is hard to see you troops in hilly terrain at 2 yds, just a bit claustrophobic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Yes Martin, those are the settings.

We only ever went from 2yds to 10yds with Waterloo because the ground pointers are less easy to see. We should play at 2yds all the time under KS rules.

I found some of the dense vegetation in the LBH mod to be difficult at 2yds so I think we will test 5yds more for that, but that would only apply on a map with a lot of high vegetation.

Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Ok, I just don't like playing at 2 yds(I would be happy with 5yds, 2 just messes with me to much) so I will just stick to Wl then. I had a very hard time finding my flags for orders do to the hilly terrain.

You guys enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi Mike

Diggers is right that we only ever moved to 10 yds for Waterloo, which is pretty well unplayable in HITS at 2 yds because of the GUI.  Actually this old boy finds it very hard even at 10  Embarassed

Before that we played for years in GB at 2 yds with little trouble.  GB is a lot more user-friendly.  Please give it a try.  

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 pm

I did it last week and all I got was a headache. I even had a hard time with LBH mod but Diggers brought that up. If it was flat ground it would not be a problem but with hills it is for me. It is better that I pass on this.

When we reach flat ground I may return. I think with 5yds I would be fine but I understand that is the way you guys do it. So carry on ...LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Screen showing the price paid attacking Wolf hill

https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/17/81/82/05/screen10.jpg

Thanks again for the game, Martin and everyone

Mike
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks from me too.  This was a soldiers battle, and that was just as well, because I was the Union general Shocked

Able subordinates and good ground made this very difficult for the Rebs.  They certainly surprised me with their plan of attack.

A real shame that we lost connection, and someone else should clearly host the next game.  16 months now without my problems fixed.  D*mn Virgin Media.  D*mn you to Hades!  That feels much better......

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm

It was a fierce fight where I was and no mistake. I had hoped that phrasing the scenario as part of a linked series where losses suffered will have an effect on future battles would cause players to play more cautiously but no... The next encounter will see both sides enjoy much reduced forces.

Wolf Hill was clearly taken by the Rebs but at huge cost to Jones and Hill; although Hatch's Union division was also destroyed.

It is hard to say whether the Rebs would have been strong enough to secure a second of the two objectives but I suspect they might. Ricketts was pinned in place defending Culps Hill against Semmes and Sturgis on Benners Hill had only two weak brigades to face both Jones and Hill's divisions (though these were weakened as well).

I've rolled some dice and considered the IMPs (inherent military probabilities) and will declare this battle a Confederate victory.

The Union forces have fallen back to just north-east of Gettysburg and the rebels have moved Semmes division into the town to secure the important road network it controls as well as help themselves to much-needed supplies. Benners Hill remains occupied by Jones and Hill.

A third fight based around this setting will be taking place next Tuesday at the same time, which given that Britain will switch to BST (British Summer Time) at 02:00 on Sunday 26th March will be at 16:00 BST or 15:00 GMT.

Replay file.

Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Balderdash! Despite the poor performance of Gen. Hatch and his men, this was another overwhelming Union victory. It is rumored that President Lincoln will visit the battlefield and make a few brief remarks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:12 am

I have a further scenario for today following on the story from the previous two encounters if anyone is up for a game.

As the clocks have gone forward here in Limey land the time will be 15:45 BST (GMT+1)

Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Sorry Diggers. I cannot do today.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:05 pm

I can play.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 pm

I will try. I have gotten through a few scenarios in the 2yd mode in the past few days. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Unless anyone objects strongly I think we can shift to 5yds radius Mike, if that helps.

Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:36 pm

That would be great!!!

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 pm

Is there a game tomorrow? I can play, although it would obviously be best if I don't host.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Interlocutor on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Martin, I'm planning on playing tomorrow, and I think Jess is as well. At any rate, I'll be in TeamSpeak at 1545GMT.

Jim ;-)
Interlocutor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top