» Crop sprites
by Didz Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 pm

» AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files
by Miko77 Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am

» KS Map Modding Project
by rschilla Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 am

» Chickamauga conversion to Germany
by Mr. Digby Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 am

» How to import scanned maps into the General Staff wargaming system.
by Dr Ezra Sidran Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Statistics
We have 970 registered users
The newest registered user is Eagle Tsui

Our users have posted a total of 23832 messages in 1909 subjects
Keywords

maps  stock  camera  battles  scenario  

I forgot my password

Campaign Update 1/16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Campaign Update 1/16

Post  Father General on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 am

Well, this will probably be one of the last campaign updates for the Western Campaign: Thunder in the Shenandoah. The final battle will take place this weekend at 2200 GMT. Following that battle, the second chapter of the campaign will soon start under the leadership of the very capable Mr. Digby.

CAVEAT - I would like to remind everyone to be as prepared as possible for this battle, especially from a configuration standpoint. Make sure your GCM stuff is OFF, and your KS mods are ON. I believe it's Couriers and Maps and nothing else. Kevin will correct me if I am wrong (please).

It is VERY IMPORTANT that we are able to start on time. We have people in the UK and Europe who are burning midnight oil just to support the successful conclusion of the campaign. Others of us, like me on the Pacific coast, are making personal sacrifices to be present. I do not believe I have shared this with the group, but my wife is having a baby, probably next week. She has been ordered (by courier -- it was admittedly a weird moment for her) to refuse her flank against the baby until the Yankees are slaughtered. Needless to say, it's kinda a rough time for me to check into the world of SOW for a few hours. But I'll manage. :-)

The point is, we are all making some sacrifices to pull this off and to have what should otherwise be a fantastic time. Let's not mess things up by having the wrong mods enabled or some other silliness. We need to launch the one right way the first time. It is an added challenge that this will possibly be the largest HITS and Couriers battle in KS to date.

SIDE BALANCE - I have tried to balance the sides, but there are some limitations. Naturally, our Italian comrades are out because of the hour and that's two good men down. The Union side has 8 humans, the Confederates 6 or 7, depending on if Baldwin can participate. Baldwin has been very busy of late, and it is hoped he can play. He is also constructing the scenario as per my convoluted instructions, so frankly, I'll be impressed if he pulls it off.

Ultimately, it is what it is, especially on the Confederate side, there will be a couple mini-division commanders. On the flip side, it should be easier to manage all those badly decimated regiments. You should see Father General's brigade. Each bullet hole in the banner of the 1st Mississippi is a true badge of honor. Makes me want to cry...

I advise the Confederate side to gangpress at least 1 more soul to ensure balance.

BRIEFINGS - Side commanders have their briefings. At this time, sides are now locked and briefings may be shared with subordinates at the discretion of the commanders. Please be advised, there won't be a lot of time to go over briefings on Saturday, or more bluntly, 2200 is game time, no briefing time. As soon as we have everyone assembled, I'd just as soon like to see us start for the benefit of those playing SOW by moonlight.

QUESTIONS - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck!

Father General

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaign Update 1/16

Post  Uncle Billy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 am

All that will be required for the game is Courier & Maps and of course, the Pipe Creek expansion.

I do not believe I have shared this with the group, but my wife is having a baby, probably next week.
Congratulations!! Just think, in 18 short years you'll be a free man again, able to go back to doing the things you like. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:42 am

Congratulations!! Just think, in 18 short years you'll be a free man again, able to go back to doing the things you like. Very Happy

Nah, it's a boy. I'm sure I can teach him to shoot blue-coats sooner than that! Very Happy
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:50 am

Father General wrote: my wife is having a baby, probably next week.

Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your wife. I look forward to a photo of the bouncing boy. Kids being what they are, he'll probably be a rebel and become a Union man. Smile
Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Kids being what they are, he'll probably be a rebel and become a Union man.
And develop a fine eye for silverware. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  FlashmanKBE on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Father General wrote: my wife is having a baby, probably next week.

Congratulations Neal, that is wonderful news. Knowing this information, it is highly likely that he will arrive when least expected. Bear that in mind sir!!! Smile
FlashmanKBE

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:27 am

I have already made account for his teenage rebellion.

I am decorating his room with posters of Abe Lincoln and General Georgia. Also, I will force him to use the finest silverware, properly laid and well polished by hand for eating. I have a full set for that purpose as well as a large tea service and serving platters. They'll need polishing every Saturday during his friends' playtime to the sounds of Rally 'Round the Flag and The Battle Hymn of the Republic.

By the age of 12 or 13, I expect he'll have a secret penchant for the Rebel flag. When he's about 25 or so and graduates from VMI, I'll share the truth with him. :-)

Your children, General Georgia, shall know much of the Father General from my boy!

Wink
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:58 am

"Also, I will force him to use the finest silverware, properly laid and well polished by hand for eating. I have a full set for that purpose as well as a large tea service and serving platters"- Father General

Whatever you do, don't let Uncle Billy know your home address or you might get a midnight raid on your dining room, whilst you are distracted changing deipers Very Happy

Good luck and good health to your Family.

Prepare yourself for a BIG CHANGE, fella. Wink
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family! cheers Joking aside, it is a lifetime committment and one you will gladly take up and will cherish in your 'golden years'. Cool
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Thank you all for the well wishes. Smile

I'm excited. If nothing else, he'll be a new player on the Confederate side in about 10 years. Then we'll whip those Yankees once and for all and win the internet for the South!

Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm excited. If nothing else, he'll be a new player on the Confederate side in about 10 years. Then we'll whip those Yankees once and for all and win the internet for the South!
Gen Georgia and his merry band of freebooters respectfully disagree. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Gents... my most sincere apologies but a phone call has just demanded that I have to go out on family business this evening and not very pleasant business at that. I see I am slated to only command the cavalry so I hope my absence won't be too great a loss. Once again, my apologies to all. If I could avoid this appointment I would, but I can't.

"Any hussar who has not got himself killed by the age of 30 is a jackass." - Antoine Charles Louis Lasalle, commander of Napoleon's light cavalry, killed in battle at Wagram 6 July 1809, aged 34.

"I had forgotten there was an objective." - Generallieutenant Mikhail Borozdin I
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Felicitazioni Neal Smile

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 pm

mitra wrote:Felicitazioni Neal Smile

Thank you, Mitra! Very Happy
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  FlashmanKBE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Gents... my most sincere apologies but a phone call has just demanded that I have to go out on family business this evening and not very pleasant business at that. I see I am slated to only command the cavalry so I hope my absence won't be too great a loss. Once again, my apologies to all. If I could avoid this appointment I would, but I can't.

I'm very sorry to hear that Diggers! Your absence certainly will be a great loss! I hope the business is not too nasty Sad
FlashmanKBE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top