» Crop sprites
by Didz Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 pm

» AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files
by Miko77 Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am

» KS Map Modding Project
by rschilla Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 am

» Chickamauga conversion to Germany
by Mr. Digby Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 am

» How to import scanned maps into the General Staff wargaming system.
by Dr Ezra Sidran Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Statistics
We have 970 registered users
The newest registered user is Eagle Tsui

Our users have posted a total of 23836 messages in 1909 subjects
Keywords

maps  scenario  stock  battles  camera  

I forgot my password

The Tet Offensive and the Battle for Hue - The Game Begins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Tet Offensive and the Battle for Hue - The Game Begins

Post  MJ1 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:37 pm

The UK players have all had an opportunity to play in several of the games I have run on this topic and I was inspired to create my game after listening to a talk given by Captain Dale Dye a former Marine who served in Vietnam and fought at Hue. This talk fired up my interest in this conflict and I was kindly given some maps over the Net in 2010 by a chap who I did not know at the time but I had met also at Historicon that year. Jonathan and his good friend Mark had designed a set of WW2 rules called Fireball Forward in 2010 I played several games they ran and each trip back to H Con I played more and had a blast. This is now pay back a chance to run something for Jonathan & Mark who gave me the maps and have given me some excellent gaming memories.

So Sorry a closed game "invite only" but if you are reading this I have opened up the Free Press section to allow a window in on an experiment. I am going to run the this PBEM but by forum messages. So it will be PBFM (Play by Forum Messages). The reason for this is that e-mails are by their very nature private and you as the viewing public do not see what people were told and how they responded. By doing it via Forum threads when the game is over I can open the forums to be read by anyone and hence you can see the command choices and thought processes during the game, blow by blow.

Of course this will be pretty boring most of the time, but for opposing players they will be able to see how and why things happened.

Players so when playing this game bear in mind what you type will be read by everyone after the game has finished.  Keep it clean....

I will post more on this later this weekend.

Of course if any one wants to run their own game using the forums please get in touch and we can set something up for you. Drop me a message and don't forget if you are in the UK you can attend one of our Face to Face games run roughly 6 times a year.

MJ1

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top